Roasted Pear Crumble with Honey Yogurt
Prep: 15 minutes
Cook: 35 minutes
1/4 cup rolled oats
1/4 cup coarsely chopped raw almonds
2 Tbsp. whole-wheat (or white) all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
Pinch of kosher salt
3 Tbsp. honey (divided)
2 Tbsp. plus 1 tsp. extra-virgin olive oil (divided)
2 firm but ripe USA Anjou pears, halved and cored
2/3 cup plain yogurt
1. Position a rack in the middle of the oven and preheat to 375°F.
2. In a medium bowl, combine the oats, almonds, flour, cinnamon, and a pinch of salt. Drizzle in 2 tablespoons of both the honey and olive oil. Stir to combine until everything looks wet and clumpy.
4. Arrange the pears with cut sides up in a square baking dish. Drizzle the pears with the remaining 1 teaspoon of olive oil, and rub it in to coat all sides. Loosely top each pear with some of the crumble mixture, dividing it evenly.
5. Bake until the pears are tender when pierced with a fork and the topping is brown and crisp, 30 to 35 minutes.
6. In a small bowl, stir the remaining 1 tablespoon honey into the yogurt. Spoon the yogurt into 4 shallow bowls, and place the warm pears on top.
*recipe and photo provided by USA pears
Pin this recipe here:
Breakfast Recipes, Dessert, Healthy Snack, Kid-Friendly Recipes, Recipes Blog | August 5th, 2022