A perfectly festive, rich and luscious dessert to celebrate the holiday season.
Peppermint Bark Cookies & Cream Cheesecake
Prep: 30 minutes
Cook: 55 minutes
30 Oreo cookies, divided
1 Tbsp. butter or margarine, melted
35 starlight mints, divided
4 pkg. (8 oz. each) Philadelphia cream cheese, softened
1 cup sugar
1 pkg. (4 oz.) Baker’s semi-sweet chocolate
2 oz. Baker’s white chocolate
1. Heat oven to 325°F.
2. Use pulsing action of food processor to process 18 cookies until finely ground. Add butter; mix well. Press onto bottom of 9-inch springform pan. Bake 10 min.
3. Crush 30 mints, then chop 10 of the remaining cookies. Beat cream cheese and sugar in large bowl with mixer until blended. Add eggs, 1 at a time, mixing on low speed after each just until blended. Stir in crushed mints and chopped cookies. Pour over crust.
4. Bake 55 min. or until center is almost set. Run knife around rim of pan to loosen cake; cool before removing rim. Refrigerate cheesecake 4 hours.
5. Meanwhile, crush remaining mints, then chop remaining cookies. Cover baking sheet with parchment. Melt chocolates separately as directed on packages. Spread semi-sweet chocolate into thin layer on prepared baking sheet; top with tablespoonfuls of the white chocolate. Swirl gently with spoon. Top with crushed mints and chopped cookies. Refrigerate until firm.
6. Break chocolate bark into small pieces; sprinkle over cheesecake before serving.
*recipe and image from our friends at Kraft Heinz
Pin the recipe here:
Dessert, Parties, Holidays and Gatherings, Recipes Blog | August 11th, 2022