3 ½ Pounds Fresh Jackfruit (Get about 8 cups of pods)
1 Medium Sweet Onion Diced
2 Jalapenos Diced (Seeds removed if you want it less spicy)
1 Tablespoon Minced Garlic
1 Medium Orange Sweet Pepper, Seeded and Diced
1 Cup Frozen Corn
1 Can Navy Beans Drained
1 Can Great Northern Beans Drained
2 Cups Vegetable Broth
1 Tablespoon Chili Powder
1 Tablespoon Cumin
1 Tablespoon Oregano
1 Teaspoon Coriander
1 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
1 Teaspoon Black Pepper
1 Tablespoon Salt
½ Cup Olive Oil
- Take pods out of the jackfruit, remove seeds from the pods and their outer membrane. Discard.
- Cut Jackfruit into 2-inch chunks.
- Heat Dutch oven over medium heat, add olive oil, jackfruit, onion, jalapeno peppers, poblano pepper, sweet pepper and garlic to the pan. Sauté for about 10 minutes until everything softens.
- Add all beans and seasonings to the mixture.
- Add vegetable broth and bring the chili up to a simmer.
- Lastly add corn and let simmer for 20 minutes.
- Serve with sour cream, cilantro, lime and avocado.
- Spray knife with pan spray before cutting the jackfruit and use gloves, jackfruit is pretty sticky.
- Jackfruit is sweet and the heat from this chili helps offset that, similar to a cactus chili in sweetness.
- Jackfruit is a great alternative to shredded pork or shredded chicken; you can get it fresh or in a can.
Dragon Fruit Salsa
1 Dragon Fruit Diced
½ Red Bell Pepper Diced
Bunch of Cilantro Diced
½ Red Onion Diced
1 Lime Juiced
1 Jalapeno Diced
Salt, Pepper and Cumin to your liking
Serve with fun colored tortilla chips
Kiwano Melon Guacamole (Serve in Melon Shell, Lime Flavor)
1 Kiwano Melon
2 Large Avocados
½ Red Onion Diced
1 Jalapeno, Finley Diced
Splash of Lime Juice
Handful of Cilantro
Salt & Pepper to taste
Pomegranate- Used on butter board
Toasted Baguette/ Tortilla Shells
Jalapeno- Very thinly sliced
Green Onion- Thinly Sliced
Uncategorized | October 25th, 2022