Show your loved ones you care this year without spending a fortune.
Homemade English Toffee
Prep: 5 minutes
Cook: 15 minutes
1 cup butter
1 cup sugar
1/4 tsp. salt
1 tsp. vanilla extract
2 cups dark chocolate chips
1/4 cup pecans, chopped
1. Line a baking sheet with foil. Add butter, sugar, salt and vanilla to a saucepan and melt over medium heat. Once melted, gradually increase to medium-high heat, stirring continuously for 10-15 minutes; until toffee is a nice golden brown color. Pour into prepared pan.
2. Sprinkle with chocolate chips. As chips melt, evenly spread chocolate over toffee with spatula. Sprinkle with chopped pecans and allow to cool completely before breaking apart.
Variations to consider:
- Add chopped almonds in addition to chopped pecans for nut lovers.
- Don’t like nuts? Try crushed candy canes.
- For a sweet/salty vibe, add crushed pretzels.
- Try adding dried fruit, such as dried cranberries.
Pin this recipe here:
Dessert, Kid-Friendly Recipes, Parties, Holidays and Gatherings, Recipes Blog | August 12th, 2022