A delicious and beautiful dessert filled with unbeatable flavor!
Mini Pear-Pineapple Galettes
Prep: 15 minutes plus standing
Bake: 18 minutes
1 package (15 ounces) refrigerated Our Family® Pie Crust
3/4 cup drained and chopped Our Family® Pear Slices in Heavy Syrup
3/4 cup drained Our Family® Pineapple Tidbits in 100% Pineapple Juice
1/4 cup Our Family® Dried Cranberries
1 1/2 tablespoons Our Family® Dark Brown Sugar
1 tablespoon plus 1/2 teaspoon Our Family® Pure Granulated Sugar
2 teaspoons Our Family® Corn Starch
1/2 teaspoon Our Family® Ground Cinnamon
Our Family® All-purpose Flour for dusting
1 large egg
2 cups vanilla ice cream
1. Let pie crusts stand at room temperature as label directs to soften slightly. Preheat oven to 400°; line rimmed baking pan with parchment paper.
2. In large bowl, stir pears, pineapple, cranberries, brown sugar, 1 tablespoon granulated sugar, corn starch and cinnamon. Makes about 1 1/2 cups.
3. Unroll pie crusts on lightly floured surface; using 4 1/2-inch round cutter or glass, cut 8 circles from pie crusts. Gently roll circles to 4 3/4-inch diameter; place on prepared pans. Leaving 1-inch border, place 3 tablespoons fruit mixture onto center of each round. Leaving center open, pleat sides of dough over fruit mixture, allowing pastry to drape and pressing dough to hold.
4. In small bowl, whisk egg and 2 teaspoons water; brush tops of galettes (avoiding centers) with egg mixture and sprinkle with remaining 1/2 teaspoon granulated sugar. Bake galettes 18 minutes or until crust is golden brown, turning pan once.
5. Serve galettes topped with ice cream.
Pin this recipe here:
Comfort Food, Dessert, Kid-Friendly Recipes, Parties, Holidays and Gatherings, Recipes Blog | August 3rd, 2022