Tasty grilled peppers filled with quinoa, black beans, spinach and more!
Grilled Stuffed Peppers
Prep: 20 minutes
Grill: 20 minutes
4 large red bell peppers
1/2 cup quinoa
2 tablespoons Our Family® Mild Taco Seasoning Mix
1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes and green chilies
3/4 cup drained and rinsed black beans
1/3 cup frozen corn, thawed
3 cups packed baby spinach
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
2 1/2 tablespoons shredded Our Family® Mexican Blend Cheese
chopped chives for garnish (optional)
1. Prepare outdoor grill for direct grilling over medium-high heat. Slice 1/2-inch from the top of bell peppers; remove seeds and inner membranes.
2. Prepare quinoa as label directs; stir in seasoning.
3. In large skillet, heat tomatoes and chilies with their juice, beans and corn to a simmer over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally. Stir in spinach; cook 3 minutes or until spinach is wilted, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat; stir in salt and quinoa mixture.
4. Fill peppers with quinoa mixture; sprinkle with cheese. Place peppers, cheese side up, on hot grill rack; cover and cook 5 minutes or until grill marks appear. Turn off 1 side of grill; place peppers over unlit side of grill, cover and cook 15 minutes or until heated through and cheese melts.
5. Serve peppers sprinkled with chives, if desired.
Pin this recipe here:
Kid-Friendly Recipes, Recipes Blog, Vegetarian Recipes | August 3rd, 2022