Your favorite cookie but in bar form!
Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars
Prep: 10 minutes
Bake: 34 minutes
1 1/2 cups plus 1 tsp. Our Family® Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
1 tsp. Our Family® Baking Soda
1/2 tsp. Our Family® Salt
1/2 cup (1 stick) Our Family® Unsalted Butter, softened
1/2 cup Our Family® Dark Brown Sugar, firmly packed
1/4 cup Our Family® Granulated Sugar
1 Our Family® Large Egg
1 tsp. Our Family® Pure Vanilla Extract
3/4 cup Our Family® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease the bottom and sides of an 8×8 inch baking pan and set aside.
2. In a medium mixing bowl, stir together the flour, baking soda and salt; set aside.
3. In a large mixing bowl (2 quarts or larger), combine the butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar. Using an electric mixer on LOW speed, beat the butter and sugars until well blended, about 20-30 seconds. Increase mixer speed to MEDIUM and beat for another 30 seconds until smooth and fluffy. Add the egg and vanilla, beat on LOW speed until thoroughly blended.
4. Gradually add the flour mixture to the butter mixture, beating on LOW speed until just combined. Dough will be very thick. In a separate bowl, toss the chocolate morsels with the remaining 1 tsp flour. Fold the flour-coated chocolate morsels into the cookie dough.
5. Spread the dough into the prepared baking pan using a rubber or silicone spatula and press evenly to the edges. Bake for 30-34 minutes* or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Place pan on a wire rack to cool completely.
*If using a dark metal baking pan, consider reducing bake time to 28-30 minutes.
Chef’s Tip: For an extra-indulgent treat, serve warmed cookie bars with Our Family® Vanilla Ice Cream!
Pin this recipe here:
Comfort Food, Dessert, Parties, Holidays and Gatherings, Recipes Blog | September 24th, 2022