Ring in the holidays with the most festive and flavor-packed recipe for Pesto Puff Pastry Wreath.
Pesto Puff Pastry Wreath
Prep Time: 30 Minutes
Cook Time: 20 Minutes
Yields: 1 pastry wreath
½ cup packed fresh basil, chopped
3 tablespoons melted Country Crock® Plant Butter with Olive Oil Stick, divided
1 clove garlic, minced
2 tablespoons pine nuts
Pinch kosher salt
2 puff pastry sheets, defrosted
¼ cup minced sun-dried tomatoes in oil, drained
1. Preheat the oven to 425°F.
2. Place basil, 2 tablespoons of the melted plant butter, garlic, pine nuts, and salt in a small food processor or blender and blend until finely chopped and smooth. Alternatively, mince all of the ingredients really well and whisk them together. Set aside.
3. Roll out the puff pastry sheet on a floured piece of parchment paper to press out the seams. Stack the puff pastry and cut into a 10-inch circle, using a large bowl as a stencil. Cut a 3-inch circle out of the center using a round biscuit cutter or a 3-inch bowl to trace. Separate the sheets of puff pastry and set one aside. Place the other wreath of puff pastry on parchment paper on a baking sheet.
4. Stir the pesto and if it’s too firm, soften it up for a few seconds in the microwave. Brush the pesto all over one wreath of puff pastry. Sprinkle with sun dried tomatoes.
5. Place second wreath of puff pastry over the top and press it gently down.
6. Use kitchen shears or a knife to cut 1-inch-wide slits from the outside edge to the center, leaving ½-1-inch connected in the center so you don’t cut all the way through. Repeat the way around the wreath. Carefully twist each strip two times to create a pattern.
7. Brush remaining 1 tablespoon of melted plant butter over the top of the puff pastry.
8. Bake for 15-20 minutes, until puff pastry is golden brown all over. Serve warm.
* recipe provided by Country Crock
Pin this recipe here:
Parties, Holidays and Gatherings, Recipes Blog | August 11th, 2022