Pair this protein-filled, veggie-rich dinner with a side of Our Family’s Goat Cheese Mac & Cheese for a complete meal!
Italian Turkey & Veggie Meatloaf
Prep: 15 minutes plus standing
Bake: 1 hour
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon Our Family® Garlic Powder
½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon black pepper
2 pounds ground turkey
⅓ cup frozen Our Family® Sweet Green Peas
⅓ cup frozen Our Family® Crinkle Cut Carrots
¾ cup marinara sauce
¾ cup Our Family® Italian Style Breadcrumbs
½ cup chopped onion
2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil plus additional for garnish (optional)
2 tablespoons balsamic glaze
2 boxes (5.5 ounces each) Our Family® Silly Goats & Cheddar Goat Cheese Macaroni & Cheese
1. Preheat oven to 375°; line rimmed baking pan with parchment paper.
2. In large bowl, whisk eggs, garlic powder, salt and pepper; gently mix in turkey, ¼ cup sauce, peas and carrots, breadcrumbs, onion and basil. Shape turkey mixture into 9 x 5-inch loaf on prepared pan; bake 45 minutes.
3. In small bowl, stir balsamic glaze and remaining ½ cup sauce; spoon over meatloaf and bake 15 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 165°. Let meatloaf stand 10 minutes.
4. Prepare macaroni & cheese as label directs. Makes about 5 cups.
5. Cut meatloaf into 16 (½-inch-thick) slices; serve garnished with basil, if desired, along with macaroni & cheese.
Approximate nutritional values per serving (2 slices meatloaf, 2/3 cup macaroni & cheese): 437 Calories, 16g Fat (5g Saturated), 135mg Cholesterol, 818mg Sodium, 42g Carbohydrates, 3g Fiber, 8g Sugars, 32g Protein
Pin this recipe here:
Kid-Friendly Recipes, Poultry, Recipes Blog | August 2nd, 2022