Just in time for Spring gatherings this Bruléed Ham is packed with flavor and will make for the perfect main dish on your table!
Hot Honey Bruléed Ham
Prep: 15 minutes plus standing
Bake/Broil: 1 hour 45 minutes
1 (3 1/2- to 4-pound) boneless ham half
1 cup Our Family® Honey
1/2 cup Our Family® Light Brown Sugar
1/4 cup Our Family® Unsalted Butter, melted
1 tsp. orange zest
1/2 tsp. Our Family® Crushed Red Pepper
1/4 tsp. Our Family® Ground Black Pepper
1/4 tsp. Our Family® Ground Cayenne Pepper
Orange slices and/or fresh parsley for garnish (optional)
1. Adjust oven rack to lowest position; preheat oven to 325°. Place ham on rack in large roasting pan; let stand at room temperature 30 minutes. Pour 2 cups water into pan; loosely cover ham with aluminum foil and bake 1 hour or until internal temperature reaches 90°.
2. In medium bowl, whisk honey, 1/4 cup brown sugar, butter, orange zest, crushed red pepper, black pepper and cayenne pepper. Makes about 1 1/4 cups.
3. Remove ham from oven; brush with some honey mixture. Bake ham, uncovered, 45 minutes, brushing with honey mixture every 15 minutes.
4. Preheat broiler to high; sprinkle ham with remaining 1/4 cup brown sugar. Broil ham 5 minutes or until golden brown, caramelized and internal temperature reaches 130°. Loosely cover ham with aluminum foil; let stand 15 minutes before serving. (Internal temperature will rise to 140° upon standing.)
5. Serve ham garnished with orange slices and parsley, if desired, along with any remaining honey mixture.
Approximate nutritional values per serving (5 ounces ham, about 1 tablespoon honey mixture): 306 Calories, 9g Fat, 5g Saturated Fat, 86mg Cholesterol, 1650mg Sodium, 32g Carbohydrates, 0g Fiber, 32g Sugars, 32g Added Sugars, 20g Protein
Pin this recipe here:
Comfort Food, Parties, Holidays and Gatherings, Recipes Blog | April 10th, 2023