Make these delectable and adorable hearts for your loved ones this Valentine’s Day!
Heart-Shaped Strawberry Ice Cream “Cakes” with Chocolate Cookie Crust
Prep: 20 minutes plus cooling, freezing and standing
Bake: 5 minutes
4 (4-inch) oven-safe heart-shaped cookie cutters (at least 1-inch deep)
Nonstick cooking spray
20 chocolate sandwich cookies
4 tablespoons Our Family® Unsalted Butter, melted
3 cups strawberry ice cream, softened
1/2 cup chopped strawberries
1 teaspoon Our Family® Pure Granulated Sugar
2 tablespoons Our Family® Chocolate Flavored Syrup
1/4 cup Our Family® Extra Creamy Whipped Topping
1. Preheat oven to 350°; line rimmed baking pan with parchment paper. Place cookie cutters on prepared pan; spray insides of cutters with cooking spray.
2. In food processor, pulse cookies and butter until small crumbs remain; divide into cookie cutters, pressing with back of spoon to pack tightly. Bake crusts 5 minutes; cool completely on pan on wire rack.
3. Divide ice cream into cutters over crusts; gently spread evenly to cover crusts. Freeze 1 hour or up to overnight until firm.
4. In large bowl, stir strawberries and sugar; let stand 10 minutes. Makes about 1/2 cup.
5. Run small knife around edges of cookie cutters to loosen; remove cookie cutters. Serve “cakes” drizzled with syrup, and topped with strawberry mixture and whipped topping.
Approximate nutritional values per serving (1 “cake,” 1/2 tablespoon syrup, 2 tablespoons strawberry mixture, 1 tablespoon whipped topping ): 772 Calories, 46g Fat, 25g Saturated Fat, 125mg Cholesterol, 305mg Sodium, 85g Carbohydrates, 3g Fiber, 64g Sugars, 60g Added Sugars, 8g Protein
Pin this recipe here:
Dessert, Kid-Friendly Recipes, Parties, Holidays and Gatherings, Recipes Blog | January 28th, 2023