Healthy and yummy? Sign us up!
Grilled Tangerine Shrimp with Whole Wheat Pasta
Prep: 55 minutes plus marinating
Grill: 10 minutes
2 medium tangerines
3 tsp. chopped fresh cilantro leaves
1 garlic clove, minced
1 tsp. sesame oil
1⁄2 tsp. finely grated ginger
16-20 count tail-on raw peeled and deveined shrimp
4 oz. whole wheat angel hair pasta
4 (8-inch) wooden skewers
2 tbsp. Our Family® Less-sodium Soy Sauce
2 tbsp. rice vinegar
Our Family® Nonstick Cooking Spray
1 1⁄2 cups sliced shiitake mushrooms (3.5 oz.)
1⁄2 cup shredded carrots
1/4 cup sliced green onions
Shredded Napa cabbage for garnish (optional)
1. Grate 2 teaspoons zest and squeeze 3 cup juice from tangerines. In medium bowl, whisk together tangerine zest and juice, 2 teaspoons cilantro, garlic, 1⁄2 teaspoon sesame oil and ginger; reserve 2 tablespoons marinade. Place shrimp in large zip-top plastic bag, pour marinade over shrimp; seal bag, refrigerate 1 hour.
2. Meanwhile, in large saucepot, cook pasta as label directs. Soak skewers in water 20 minutes. In small bowl, whisk together soy sauce, vinegar and remaining 1 teaspoon cilantro and 1⁄2 teaspoon sesame oil. Spray large nonstick skillet with nonstick cooking spray, and heat over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms and carrots and cook 4 minutes, stirring constantly.
3. Drain pasta and return to saucepot. Add soy sauce mixture, vegetable mixture and green onions; toss to combine. Cover and keep warm.
4. Prepare outdoor grill for direct grilling over medium heat. Remove shrimp from marinade; discard marinade. Skewer shrimp, 4 shrimp per skewer. Grill shrimp skewers 4 to 5 minutes per side or until opaque throughout and internal temperature reaches 145°.
5. Divide shrimp and noodle mixture over 4 serving plates; drizzle shrimp with reserved marinade. Serve garnished with cabbage, if desired.
Approximate nutritional values per serving: 230 Calories, 2g Fat (1g Saturated), 100mg Cholesterol, 423mg Sodium, 33g Carbohydrates, 4g Fiber, 21g Protein
Pin this recipe here:
Fish & Seafood, Recipes Blog | August 3rd, 2022