Take your grill skills to the next level with this fantastically flavorful Grilled Romaine Salad!
Grilled Romaine Salad with Creamy Blue Cheese Dressing
Prep: 25 minutes
Grill: 5 minutes
Blue Cheese Dressing:
¾ cup crumbled blue cheese
½ cup Our Family® Mayonnaise
¼ cup buttermilk
¼ cup Our Family® Light Sour Cream
1-½ tsp. fresh lemon juice
¼ tsp. Our Family® Salt
⅛ tsp. Our Family® Garlic Powder
2 dashes Tabasco sauce
1 pinch white pepper
Grilled Romaine Salad:
4 (8- to 10-inch) wooden skewers
4 ounces Our Family shredded Parmesan cheese (1 cup)
4 slices Our Family bacon
20 raw tail-on peeled and deveined shrimp (about 1-¼ pounds)
2 tsp. Cajun seasoning
4 medium heads Romaine lettuce
2 tbsp. Our Family extra virgin olive oil
¼ tsp. Our Family salt
¼ tsp. Our Family ground black pepper
2 medium tomatoes, diced
½ small red onion, thinly sliced
1. Prepare Creamy Blue Dressing: In medium bowl, combine all ingredients. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
2. Prepare Grilled Romaine Salad: Soak skewers in water 15 minutes. Preheat oven to 300°. Line rimmed baking pan with nonstick foil or parchment paper. Spread cheese in single layer on prepared baking pan and bake 5 to 6 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool; break into large pieces.
3. In large nonstick skillet, cook bacon over medium heat 13 to 15 minutes or until crisp, turning occasionally. Transfer bacon to paper towels to drain. Let cool and crumble.
4. Prepare outdoor grill for direct grilling over medium-low heat. Place 5 shrimp on each skewer; sprinkle both sides with Cajun seasoning. Trim core from romaine and cut each head lengthwise in half through core. Brush cut sides of lettuce with oil; sprinkle with salt and pepper.
5. Oil grill rack. Place shrimp skewers and lettuce, cut side down, on hot grill rack. Cook shrimp 4 to 6 minutes or until shrimp turn opaque throughout and internal temperature reaches 145°, turning once halfway through cooking; cook lettuce 3 to 5 minutes or just until outer leaves are wilted and charred.
6. Place lettuce halves, cut side up, on each of 4 plates and insert 1 shrimp skewer into lettuce. Top with dressing, sprinkle with crumbled bacon, tomatoes, and onion, and garnish with cheese crisp to serve.
Approximate nutritional values per serving: 785 Calories, 51g Fat (16g Saturated), 235mg Cholesterol, 1737mg Sodium, 32g Carbohydrates, 51g Protein
Pin this recipe here:
For the Grill, Recipes Blog, Salad | August 4th, 2022