A bacon-wrapped dish? Yes, please! Our simple, one sheet-pan recipe will please your pickiest eater.
Bacon-Wrapped Cheesy Chicken with Roasted Brussels Sprouts
Prep: 30 minutes
Bake: 50 minutes
Our Family Nonstick cooking spray
8 slices Our Family® Bacon
4 Open Acres® Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts (about 1½ pounds)
½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon ground Our Family black pepper
2 tablespoons chopped drained roasted red peppers
4 Our Family® Pepper Jack Cheese Sticks
1 pound Brussels sprouts, ends trimmed and halved lengthwise
1 tablespoon Our Family olive oil
- Preheat oven to 375°; spray rimmed baking pan with cooking spray.
- On second rimmed baking pan, place bacon in single layer and bake 10 minutes or until almost cooked through. Transfer bacon to paper towel-lined plate to drain.
- With sharp paring knife, cut each chicken breast horizontally in half, but do not cut all the way through, leaving about ¼ inch uncut. Open chicken breasts; lay flat between plastic wrap on work surface. With flat end of meat mallet, pound each breast to flatten to ¼-inch thickness; remove plastic wrap. Sprinkle chicken with ¼ teaspoon each salt and black pepper.
- Leaving ½-inch border, top chicken breasts with roasted red peppers; place 1 cheese stick along short end of each chicken breast and roll chicken around filling to enclose. Wrap 2 slices bacon around each chicken breast and secure ends with toothpick; place, seam side down, on prepared pan.
- In large bowl, toss Brussels sprouts, oil and remaining ¼ teaspoon each salt and black pepper; add Brussels sprouts around chicken and bake 40 minutes or until internal temperature of chicken reaches 165°, bacon is crisp and Brussels sprouts are tender-crisp. Makes about 3 cups Brussels sprouts.
Approximate nutritional values per serving (1 chicken breast, ¾ cup Brussels sprouts): 414 Calories, 19g Fat (7g Saturated), 129mg Cholesterol, 892mg Sodium, 10g Carbohydrates, 3g Fiber, 2g Sugars, 48g Protein
Serve with Our Family® White Cheddar Mac’ & Cheese for a complete meal.
Pin this recipe here:
Comfort Food, Poultry, Recipes Blog | August 2nd, 2022